Genre: Surf, Funk, Soul, RnB, Jazz, Blues, Waltzes & Boleros, Country AND
Western, Tango, Rhumba, Cha-cha, Latin in general
Geographical Area: Boston, MA and New York, NY
with Boyan Hristov by email on 7/24/14
1. What is the current line-up of your band?
2. How and when did you get started with your band?
It started with a two-nighter in February 2009 when I decided that the three
piece band I have needs a name that's easy to spell because "Boyan Hristov Trio"
didn't cut it. For awhile I had a line up in Boston and one in NYC, where I
lived at the time. Then I took a gig on a cruise ship for a year, then spent
another year playing in Europe and finally put the band back together in 2011.
3. What bands or music have influenced you most?
4. What is the break down of cover vs. original material in your live shows
5. What recording have you done?
6. What kind of gear do you use?
7. What is your bandís favorite food/beverage?
We love to
share a bruised, floury apple and warm light beer.
8. How do you get gigs?
9. What are the difficulties you find playing your kind of music in your area?
10. What positive attributes does your band have that sets you apart from other
bands (of any genre)?
11. What have you found to be the single most effective promotional tool youíve
used to further your bandís musical path?
12. Whatís the most interesting performance experience youíve had?
13. What do you hope to get out of being a NESMA member?
14. Anything else?
Thank you very much for the chance to be featured!